Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Selecting a MFD Transducer & Radar
03-31-20, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-20 01:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Selecting a MFD Transducer & Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sean,

General comment: The equipment list appears to be good. If supplied with a photo of the currently installed transducer's identification tag, then it may be possible to identify whether it may be adapted for use with one of Raymarine's currently manufactured fishfinding products.

Q1: When dealing with deadrise, are two transducers required to utilize down, side, and 3D vision capabilities? If so, I will likely forgo these capabilities.
A1: Unless the vessel features a flat on the keel which is as wide as the 0 degree RV transducers (4.15"), then a pair of tilted element RV transducers would be required to support these sonar features.

Q2: If two transducers are required per Q1 above, is B175H-W w/ 20` deadrise (#A80321) the best singular transducer for me conceding that I will not be purchasing down, side, and 3D vision capabilities?
A2: This indeed sounds like a good fit for this application depths specified. According to the information from Airmar, this transducer will typically support a maximum depth from 600' to 800'.

Q3a: If not B175H-W w/ 20` deadrise (#A80321), what else would you suggest?
A3a: I would go with the B175H-W.

Q3b: Due to increased cost associated with B175 low/high or med/high I am less interested in these models and am not sure if dual channel chirp is necessary for my needs. Please advise.
A3b: I would agree, particularly given the depths of operation, type of fishing, and as you only want to install a single low profile transducer.

Q4a: If B175H-W w/ 20` deadrise (#A80321) is best for me, what 12" Axiom MFD do I need: Pro S or Pro RVX
A4a: The Axiom Pro S may only be mated to a CPT-S transducer. Therefore, an Axiom Pro RVX MFD must be installed.

Q4b: If not B175H-W w/ 20` deadrise (#A80321), what MFD do I need?
A4b: An Axiom Pro RVX MFD or an external high power CHIRP sonar module (ex. CP470, CP570, RVX1000) must be installed to utilize any high power CHIRP transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Selecting a MFD Transducer & Radar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-31-20 01:41 PM