Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itc-5 connection as a spur
05-06-20, 08:08 PM
Itc-5 connection as a spur
Chuck,
I’ve had an itc-5 since inception, and it is terrific.
Owing to an instrumentation upgrade, I needed to relocate the itc-5, and I’ve got it connected as a spur on a 1m cable.
It’s running fine, as I suspected it would. Of course the backbone is all legal with 2 terminators, etc.
So, my question is, do you foresee any issues hanging the ITC-5 on a short spur? Obviously, the spur & backbone are electrically equivalent, being a pass-through system. So, your opinion would be appreciated .
Many thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-20, 02:41 PM
RE: Itc-5 connection as a spur
Hello Artboas,

As long as you are following the rules of the backbone installation the spur can be a shorter cable.

Chris,
05-11-20, 10:00 PM
Chris,
This wasn’t quite my question..
In all the documentation, it shows the backbone running through the itc-5.
That’s not how I have it currently installed. I have a 1m Spur cable connected to a T junction, which then is plugged into the white spur connector on the itc-5. There is no backbone connected to the itc-5
It is working fine, but I just wanted to ensure my setup wouldn’t be flaky,
I don’t see any electrical reason why this shouldn’t be ok, but wanted to verify.
Thanks so much

Arthur
05-12-20, 11:59 AM
Hi Arthur,

The way you have the ITC-5 is an improper installation. Please refer to the installation guide. The ITC-5 has to be in line with the backbone and not a spur. We recommend installing just as is described in the manual.

Chris,

Attached File(s)
.pdf  iTC-5 Installation instructions 87138-3-EN.pdf (Size: 1.89 MB / Downloads: 848)