Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Shoot through transducer 04 Gulfstream
03-31-20, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-20 10:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Shoot through transducer 04 Gulfstream
looking to upgrade transducer on my 04 gulfstream. Grady recommends transom mount only for this year and model. Has anyone had any luck with shoot through transducer and if so where was it placed.
Thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-20, 10:27 AM
RE: [CA11] Shoot through transducer 04 Gulfstream
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gradyman,

Generally, the hull manufacturer would be the best source of such advise. That said, should the hull be constructed of solid fiberglass (lacks core material), be less than 1" thick in the installation location, and should space permit, then Raymarine offers both high power CHIRP and high power 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder transducers.
04-02-20, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-20 12:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks.
What is the difference between Chirp and high power transducers? Most of my fishing is done in less than 400' with the odd off shore tuna trip.
04-02-20, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-20 12:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
gradyman,

I hadn't indicated that there was a difference between high power and CHIRP transducers. Raymarine offers low power transducers supporting CHIRP sonar technology (ex. RealVision transducers, SideVision transducers, CPT-S transducers, and DownVision transducer) for fishing relatively shallow / near shore coastal and high power (600W, 1kW, 2kW, and 3kW) CHIRP transducers for deep water / offshore applications. Please note that Raymarine offers no low power CHIRP transducers which are designed to be installed within a hull.