Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot control unit keys came off - fix?
04-04-20, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-20 10:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot control unit keys came off - fix?
I have a control unit/screen that is circa 2013 that controls a below decks autopilot (6000 series I think) on my 46 foot sailboat. Three of the black keys - the +1 and +10 degree steering adjustment keys - came disconnected. The keys are still operable by pressing the translucent rubber keys that are underneath. I still have the black keys. Is there a recommended way to re-attach these? Or re-furbish the unit?
Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-20, 10:38 AM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot control unit keys came off - fix?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cdoff,

Unfortunately, an installation / purchase timeframe would not be sufficient to ensure that the correct part number is provided. Should you either use the autopilot control head's diagnostics to ascertain the control head's product ID / serial number or attach a photograph of the autopilot control head, then it may be possible for us to positively identify the autopilot control head's model and the part number for its key mat.
04-18-20, 08:33 PM
Chuck,

Thanks for the response. Attached is a picture of my control unit. I have the 3 keys that came off. I'm not sure if there is any recommended way to reattach them, or if you are able to help me with the part number to order a new key mat, if it is possible to simply replace the whole mat. Thanks for any help you can offer.
04-20-20, 10:26 AM
cdoff,

The pictured device is a p70 autopilot control head. The part number for it's key mate is R70049.

Please click here to view a FAQ providing information concerning how parts for Raymarine products may be ordered.