Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Anchor Drag Alarm i70s
04-04-20, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-20 09:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Anchor Drag Alarm i70s
Hi

Have Raymarine given any thought to providing an Anchor Drag Alarm on the i70s? The Anchor depth alarm is good but does not adequately address anchor drag.

This could be a really valuable and simple addition to the i70s and would consume considerably less power than having to run an MFD.

It should be a simple addition to implement as it only requires setting the alarm when anchoring and then selecting the distance at which the alarm should activate. There are commonly one or more GPS antennas already active and sitting on the N2K network, so no additional instrumentation would need to be powered.

Please would you include this in a future update?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-20, 09:33 AM
RE: [CA11] Anchor Drag Alarm i70s
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andy,

GPS based anchor alarms are traditionally found within chartplotting or Multifunction Displays (MFDs) products rather than within instruments. The latter, which would include i70/i70S Multifunction Instruments Displays (not to be confused with MFDs) typically support depth based anchor alarms. Within systems featuring GPS data, such systems will commonly included a chartplotter or MFD. That said, a feature request will be logged to consider this feature for inclusion within a future i70/i70S MFID software update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply