Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Smart pilot x-5
04-07-20, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-20 12:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Smart pilot x-5
The cable for the flux gate compass was unknowingly severed and I powered up the system to find a no comp alert and also a no pilot alert. After finding the break in the cable I then spliced and the no comp went away and the autopilot began working but I still get a brief no pilot message when I power back up.It then it switches to the magnetic screen and does a standard startup and appears to function. I have tried pushing standby to clear the “no pilot”alert but it continues to appear briefly when switching on the computer at the circuit panel. is this normal and I just don’t remember this sequence? or is there a way to clear this alert? Furthermore the alert only appears when powering from the main breaker power and not if I power down and power up-from the controller leaving the computer powered up.in other word the alert only appears when turning on the computer after a complete power down
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-20, 12:40 PM
RE: [CA11] Smart pilot x-5
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Columbia35,

The behavior which you have described is considered to be normal. When powered from a breaker, the autopilot control head is completing startup initialization before the autopilot course computer, causing the system to momentarily believe that that autopilot course computer is either powered off or may have suffered a failure. As the message quickly clears and does not occur when the course computer is fully booted prior to switching the autopilot control head ON, no action need be taken.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply