Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] E7D Data Import
06-08-16, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-18 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] E7D Data Import
When importing routes and waypoints from the Navionics app on my iPhone, the gpx file goes to a different location on one of two MSD cards each time I do an import. How do I define where to put the imported data?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-16, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-16 12:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E7D Data Import
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mswanicke,

Questions concerning the use of the Navionics Boating app should be addressed to Navionics support.

With respect waypoint/route data transferred from the Navionics boating app, please note that such transfers do not cause the MFD store the transferred data on a microSD memory card. Instead, waypoint/route data transferred from the Navionics boating app or imported from a GPX file stored on a memory card is stored directly into the MFD's internal waypoint/route memory. The MFD's waypoint/route export feature is used to export the data from the MFD's internal waypoint/route memory to a GPX file store on a microSD memory card. When exporting the data, the user will be prompted to select a memory card to which the GPX file(s) will be saved. The MFD will automatically create the folder structure Raymarine->My Data on the microSD memory card and save the GPX file(s) in that location.
06-09-16, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-16 12:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
To use the waypoint/route data imported to the MFD, do I have to first export it to a microSD card? If so, where do I find the data to export?
06-09-16, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-16 12:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
mswanicke,

As indicated, within the prior response, transferred waypoints and routes will be saved within the MFD's internal waypoint/route/track memory. The imported waypoints and routes will appear within the MFD's Waypoint and Route lists (HOME->MY DATA->WAYPOINTS / ROUTES). Waypoints and routes are exported via the menu options found within the MFD's Import/Export menu (HOME->MY DATA->IMPORT/EXPORT->SAVE DATA. This feature is covered in Section 4.1 of the LightHouse II R17 MFDs Operations Manual.
01-07-18, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-18 09:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Can routes be uploaded via Bluetooth or is there a router necessary?
01-09-18, 09:57 AM
RE: [CA] E7D Data Import
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Waypoint/route/track data transfer to/from an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD via Bluetooth is not supported. Wireless waypoint/route/track data transfer is exclusively supported via direct Wi-Fi connection between the mobile device (e.g. smartphone, tablet) and then, only the Navionics Boating app may be used. As a direct Wi-Fi connection between the MFD and the mobile device is required, a router is not applicable to such data transfer. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

The most common means of waypoint/route/track data transfer to/from an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD is via a microSD memory card containing a GPX file which has been populated with the waypoint/route/track data.