Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Problem with axiom and airmar transducer.
04-14-20, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-20 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Problem with axiom and airmar transducer.
Hello, i have a raymarine axiom 9 fishfinder, With a RV 220 connected directly to axiom unit.

To get better sounder performance i purchase from BOE an cp470 and a airmar b175 medium chirp transducer and connected transducer to cp470 with A80328 Adapter Cable.

The cp 470 powers up fine and it is networked with my axiom unit,

however, when i try to use the airmar transducer through axiom unit is says “transducer not connected” when i select the cp 470 as source

I checked an rechecked connections to cp470 and axiom unit they seem fine

Is there something i need to do to get axiom to recognize airmar transducer

Or could it be a bad a80328 adapter cable or hopefully not a bad airmar transducer.

How do you think i should proceed to correct problem.

Thanks for your help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-20, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-20 04:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Problem with axiom and airmar transducer.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JammanJ,

Please use the MFD's View All Product Info diagnostic feature (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->VIEW ALL PRODUCT INFORMATION) to verify that
- the MFD's Product Bundle Version is 3.11.42 ... if not, update the MFD's software accordingly; and
- the CP470's application version is 14.28 ... if not, update the CP470's software accordingly.

Should the problem persist after the above listed items have been satisfied, then it would be recommended that a Sounder Reset (MENU->SETTINGS->SOUNDER->RESET SOUNDER) be commanded from within the Fishfinder application when the CP470 has been selected as a source. Should the problem persist thereafter or should the Sounder Reset not be capable of being performed, then it would be recommended that a Power ON Reset be performed to the MFD and that the MFD's settings then be manually (rather than restored from a settings file) reconfigured.
04-15-20, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-20 04:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok did all prescribed actions and still “no transducer connected” when i select cp470 from fishfinder menu.

My cable that im using came in the 470 box doesn't have A80328 Adapter Cable on it. But seems to be the right cable.

Seems like its either a cable, transducer issue or 470 transducer port is malfunctioning

Also i think 470 is version 14.28 instead of 14.18 but i believe that 14.28 is newest update as that is the info on raymarines update page has

Not sure what else to try...any more suggestions

Thanks for your help

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-15-20, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-20 04:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
JammanJ,

Raymarine does not include an A80328 Adapter Cable within the package of its CHIRP sounder modules. Accordingly, I cannot comment on the adapter cable which you have shown within the photo. All Raymarine products including adapter cables will feature a label bearing the product's part number. Has this part number been printed on the label of the adapter which you are using?

Indeed v14.28 is the latest available software for the CP470. Use the command sequences provided within my earlier response to determine the software levels within your products.
04-16-20, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-20 11:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Well the cable does not have product number, but i ordered extra cable a80328 but noticed that exact same cAble was in 470 box so i returned
Cable.

So i re ordered new cable an hope that is the problem. Although tags indicate that included cable should work.

Will try new cable when it arrives an hope that remedies problem thanks.
04-16-20, 11:30 AM
Noted.