Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 depth transducer.
04-16-20, 08:05 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 depth transducer.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rtanner1,

Axiom MFDs lacking internal DV or RV fishfinding circuitry (both models additionally feature 600W 50kHz / 200kHz fishfinding circuitry) will not be able to support fishfinding features unless it has been:

- interfaced to a compatible fishfinder sonar module, which in turn has been interfaced to a compatible fishfinder transducer; and/or

- interfaced to an Axiom DV or RV MFD, which in which in turn has been interfaced to a compatible fishfinder transducer; and/or

- interfaced to an Axiom Pro MFD, which in which in turn has been interfaced to a compatible fishfinder transducer.

If seeking to simply have the MFD report a numerical depth value, then the Axiom MFD may be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which one or more of the following have been interfaced:

- iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter, which in turn has been interfaced to a compatible analog instrument depth or depth/speed/temp transducer. This option has the advantage of being able to configure instrument depth related alarms and to configure depth offsets (ex. keel offset) via the MFD's user interface.

- i50 Depth / Tridata instrument which in turn has been interfaced to a compatible analog instrument depth or depth/speed/temp transducer. This option would require that instrument depth related alarms and depth offsets (ex. keel offset) be configured via the instrument's user interface.

- an i70S MFID and Raymarine Smart depth or depth/speed/temp transducer. This option would require that instrument depth related alarms and depth offsets (ex. keel offset) be configured via the i70S user interface. The i70S can also repeat data from the networked system components (ex. GPS, BTW, etc.).

Note: it interfacing a third party NMEA 2000 Smart depth or depth/speed/temp transducer to the backbone, the MFD will be unable to configure depth related alarms and depth offsets.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 7 depth transducer. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-16-20 08:05 AM