Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RS150 or AR200 with the Quantum 2 Radar
04-16-20, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-20 01:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RS150 or AR200 with the Quantum 2 Radar
Hello,

First thank you for all of the great information on this forum.

I have recently purchased the following navigation products: Axiom Pro 9 RVX MFD, Quantum 2 Q24D Radar, and RS150 external GPS due to the pilot house structure on my boat. I have read in the radar installation instructions that an EV-1 Sensor is the desired sensor for accurate COG, SOG, HDG/HDT when using the Quantum 2 Doppler radar. I also noted that since I do not have an autopilot in my vessel, the AR200 is recommended as a substitute for the EV-1. I am not seeking the cheapest option, but the better setup option for my system since fog and rain are common in my region and at times close quarter navigation to other vessels.

Q1, Will the AR200 replace both the EV-1 and RS150?

Q2, Based on my non-autopilot set-up, which is the desired sensor EV-1 or AR200

Q3, Will the AR200 puck fit on the RS150 Pole mount

Again, thank you for your expertise and I hope my inquiry helps someone else.

Rick
Sea Tiger - 05 SeaSport Explorer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-20, 02:00 PM
RE: [CA11] RS150 or AR200 with the Quantum 2 Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Q1. Will the AR200 replace both the EV-1 and RS150?
A1. Yes.

Q2. Based on my non-autopilot set-up, which is the desired sensor EV-1 or AR200
A2. From a performance standpoint either option will suffice and provide equal heading and GPS performance to the system. However, should the intended installation location of the AR200 feature too great of a magnetic field and no other suitable location affording the AR200 both an unobstructed view of the skies and small magnetic field influence, then installation of individual sensors would provide greater flexibility in meeting these installation requirements.

Q3. Will the AR200 puck fit on the RS150 Pole mount
A3. Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply