Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[JB] [JB11] Multifunction Display Erratic Behavior
05-05-20, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-20 12:48 AM by Jules - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[JB11] Multifunction Display Erratic Behavior
Since upgrading my eS series MFD to the new version of the software last year, my touch screen only works for a few minutes after start-up. In addition, the unit randomly changes scale often and randomly reboots on its own, usually at the worst time!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-20, 11:56 PM
RE: Multifunction Display Erratic Behavior
Hi Reverie062,

Welcome to the forum,

The last update of the Lighthouse II software in your eS MFD was version 19.03. Check that is the one you have and if you're experiencing problems you can get your MFD checked out. Please use our Raymarine Dealer Locator for the closest Repair Services to your location here https://www.raymarine.com/buy/find-a-dealer.html

Happy boating

Kind regards
Jules
05-28-20, 08:37 PM
RE: Multifunction Display Erratic Behavior
I’m having similar erratic touch screen entries without touching the screen. Occurs even when screen is clean and dry, docked or underway. Unit will also randomly reboot, typically during the worst possible moment, like when I’m about to run aground. Purchased new in 2017 and I’ve updated software and firmware multiple times. Was suggested a loose wire connection was the cause of low voltage condition. Entire boat was professionally inspected ($$$) for wiring but Nothing found and problem persists.

I’ve spoken to my local Raymarine dealers but they are of no help. They Suggested to send unit back to Raymarine for bench diagnostic testing.

I guess I should have purchased a Garmin as was suggested by my new boat dealership.

Very frustrating and dangerous.
06-01-20, 12:59 AM
RE: [JB11] Multifunction Display Erratic Behavior
Hello Trudz516,

Welcome to the Raymarine forum,

Electronic devices fail or develop issues regardless of brand or age and it may not be possible to find out exactly why in many occasions.

Raymarine stand by our products and if the issue is under warranty the product will be repaired or replaced. As you've noted, and as was suggested by your local Raymarine dealer, you can send the product to our service center to be professionally evaluated.

We're happy to support you - always

Happy boating and kind regards
Jules