Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Compatibility of Axiom Pro 12
04-19-20, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-20 07:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Compatibility of Axiom Pro 12
Hi,
I'm refitting my Moody 54 with a new Axiom Pro S 12. I currently have the following installed and interfaced to a Raymarine C95:
- SR6 Sirius Receiver/Seatalk HS switch
- 4kw 18 inch HD Color Radar
- several ST60 instruments
- ST 6000 Hydraulic Autopilot

Questions:
1. Any compatibility issues with swapping out the C95 at the helm with the Axiom?
2. If I add another Axiom 9 RVX at the NAV station, can the Pro S at the helm still view the Realvision 3D sonar?
3. I'm planning on using the C95 on my other sailboat - replacing an old e80 classic that has a radar connected. I assume that radar is analog. Will my C95 be able to connect to it?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-20, 08:09 AM
RE: [CA11] Compatibility of Axiom Pro 12
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum svgustovita,

Q1. Any compatibility issues with swapping out the C95 at the helm with the Axiom?
A1. Of the devices listed, the SR6 is not compatible with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. Should SiriusXM Marine Satellite Weather / Radio be desired, then the SR6 would need to be replaced with a SR200. If currently using the SR6 as a Network Switch, the it would need to be replaced with a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Of the remaining items listed, the ST60 instruments and possibly the autopilot (would need to know the model of course computer rather than control head) may be adapted for use with the Axiom Pro MFD. Any radar transducers which had been designed for use with a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs may also be used with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs.

Q2. If I add another Axiom 9 RVX at the NAV station, can the Pro S at the helm still view the Realvision 3D sonar?
A2. Yes. All system resources, features, and data are share within an Ethernet network of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs. There is no need to duplicate the internal RV fishfinder circuitry within the navigation station MFD. However, as this is a sailboat application, it would typically be recommended that the system's fishfinder processors be located below decks, as is would be a considerable challenge to chase a RV (or any fishfinder transducer cable) through binnacle tubing. Accordingly, if installing a pair of MFDs onboard, it would be recommended that the MFD having fishfinder circuitry matching the type of transducer(s) to be installed itself be installed below decks. The Axiom Pro S MFD may then be installed within the binnacle pod.

Q3. I'm planning on using the C95 on my other sailboat - replacing an old e80 classic that has a radar connected. I assume that radar is analog. Will my C95 be able to connect to it?
A3. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of a C-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
04-24-20, 09:11 PM
Thanks Chuck! I did find out that my Course Computer is a Type 400. The boat is on the hard right now and I can't get to it (Coronavirus) so I'm not sure what drive it has. I'm thinking of getting the EV-400 (its a 45,000lb displacement boat), replacing the fluxgate compass and ST6000 with the EV-1 and p70s. I really want to be able to crontrol the autopilot from the Axioms. Good call on the mounting the Axiom RVX below decks. That was my plan, as the 12 Pro is the S at the helm. Again, thanks for your help! This forum is excellent!
04-27-20, 08:38 AM
svgustovita,

You're welcome. A Type 3 hydraulic linear drive would have typically been recommended for a sailboat of this weight. Each of Raymarine's hydraulic linear drives would require an ACU-400, which is included within the T70161 EV-400 Sail autopilot kit.