Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Z135 Autohelm wind
04-20-20, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-20 05:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Z135 Autohelm wind
I noticed that my wind speed is reported at the instrument higher than what I believe to be the actual speed. The wind transducer has hemispherical cups which leads me to believe that a previous owner replaced the transducer and kept the panel instrument. Am I headed in the right direction? Can the speed signal be recalibrated?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-20, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-20 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Z135 Autohelm wind
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ritsim,

It appears that the owner replaced the entire masthead wind transducer with the masthead wind transducer initially introduced for use with the ST60 Wind Instrument. The masthead wind transducer shown has been designed exclusively for use with the following Raymarine wind instrument products:
- iTC-5 w/Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD
- iTC-5 w/eS/gS-Series MFD running LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 software
- iTC-5 w/i70/i70S MFID
- i60 Wind Instrument
- ST290/ST70 Wind Pod w/ST290 DPU or ST70 MFID
- ST60 Wind Instrument

The wind transducer which you have cannot be calibrated by earlier wind instrument designs such as that which is presently installed onboard the boat. As wind transducers for your older instrument are no longer available, it is recommended that you consider replacement of the wind instrument with any of the first four options listed above.
05-04-20, 11:20 AM
Will the mast head transducer also function with a ST60 + display?
05-04-20, 01:45 PM
Hi ritsim,

Q1-Will the mast head transducer also function with a ST60 + display?
A1- Yes, the ST60 + will work with the newer style masthead. You do have the ability to calibrate the masthead which is the important part.

Chris,