Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] NMEA to SeaTalk?
04-20-20, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-20 05:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] NMEA to SeaTalk?
I have twin 2007 etec 175s with NMEA 2000 capability. I also purchased the Raymarine combo with the Axiom 12”, 9”, CB Radio, HS5 SeaTalk, and NMEA 5 port hubs with a few adapter and power wires. I currently have my 9” plugged into my 12” Axiom and they work great. I know the Evinrudes need their adapter cables for NMEA. How do I get from the engines to the Axioms to use their displays for engine instruments? I’ve figured out how to wire the engines to the 5 port hub but can’t find anything that came with the Raymarine nor NMEA kits to connect the two. What am I doing wrong?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-20, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-20 08:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] NMEA to SeaTalk?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum FlyingTexan,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, an engine gateway will need to be installed between the powered and properly terminated engine system backbone to which the engines will be interfaced. The engine gateway will additionally be interfaced to a spur socket within the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 marine electronics backbone. In this case, it would be recommended that an ECI-100 Engine Gateway be used between the engine system backbone and the marine electronics backbone ... see the drawing below.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4412]

Note: While the pictured MFD is an a-Series MFD, the method of installation is fundamentally the same for all Raymarine MFDs supporting engine interfacing. One the following adapters may be used to interface an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD as a spur to a backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply