Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV 100 transducer
04-21-20, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-20 01:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV 100 transducer
I have an 2400 cc Century (V-hull) with twin 150ā€™s. According to the manual the RV 100 bracket is to be mounted center of the boat between the motors at the water line! This would put the transducer 12ā€ or so upwards from the bottom of the V. Is this correct placement for the transducer to work properly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-20, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-20 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RV 100 transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Snapper,

Any waterline referenced within the installation guide for the RV100 was made with respect to single engine installations and refers to the vessel's waterline while on plane to ensure that the transducer remains in contact with the water. For vessels equipped with twin outboards, the transducer will be installed on the vessel's centerline between the outboards as indicated within the manual. The transducer's mounting height will be such that the transducer's bottom will be at the same height or slightly lower than the bottom of the keel.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4414]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-23-20, 09:30 AM
Thanks Chuck, still trying to figure out how this forum works!! Lol
Iā€™m looking to upgrade from my E120 to the Axiom 12ā€ MFD with the RV 100 transducer!! So does the mounting bracket stick out far enough to clear the drain plug or do they make another bracket?

Thanks
04-23-20, 10:11 AM
Snapper,

Q. So does the mounting bracket stick out far enough to clear the drain plug or do they make another bracket?
A. Every boat is going to be a bit different with respect to clearances. I would recommend dry fitting the transducer before committing to its use. Should the clearance for the drain plug not be adequate, then the transducer may be installed slightly outboard to permit access to the drain plug.
04-23-20, 01:44 PM
Thanks Chuck, I appreciate the help!!!
04-23-20, 02:30 PM
You're welcome.