Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Clarification on Axiom power slider issues
04-21-20, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-20 11:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Clarification on Axiom power slider issues
I'm looking for some more detail on the Axiom power slider issues. What exactly is being fixed on the unit when they are sent in for service? Is this an issue that has any possibility of being resolved via a software update in the future?

I ask because I ordered in an Axiom 12RV for an install and bench tested it in advance only to find the shortcut screen continuously popped up and the power slider would become unresponsive at random times. This was on 3.11.42.
I had a new unit sent out, bench tested, and while it was much better than the first unit, the power slider is still unresponsive at times and requires a power cycle to resolve.
These were tested in a quiet RF environment using a regulated PSU set to 12.9 volts and with no external connections. I tried various grounding methods including using the grounding terminal on the back of the unit with no changes in behavior.

One additional question - Are there any options to have the unit boot up when power is applied?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-20, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-20 12:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Clarification on Axiom power slider issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jay01,

Q1. What exactly is being fixed on the unit when they are sent in for service?
A1. In most cases the problem is corrected by replacement of the MFD's Power Swipe hardware. In more limited cases, the problem is corrected by replacement of a processor within the MFD which is not only responsible for supporting the Power Swipe, but a multitude of other components of the system.

Q2. Is this an issue that has any possibility of being resolved via a software update in the future?
A2. Negative. See response to Q1.

Q3. These were tested in a quiet RF environment using a regulated PSU set to 12.9 volts and with no external connections.
A3. We have seen instances where some power supplies will cause adverse performance of the Power Swipe. Accordingly, should the problem be observed and should the MFD be powered from PSU, then it would be recommended that the MFD be powered directly from stand-alone battery to determine whether the problem may be replicated when so powered. Should the problem be duplicated when tested in this manner, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply