Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom unit keep rebooting after inserting NC2 lighthouse chart card
04-26-20, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-20 10:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thumbs Up [CA11] Axiom unit keep rebooting after inserting NC2 lighthouse chart card
Just purchased 12in and 9in axiom RV units. Currently running 3.11.42 software after updates. Package deal came with Lighthouse NC2 charts.
-Inserted card to the back of the unit
-powered unit up
-selected chart then setting.
-selected the lighthouse NC2 chart at bottom of screen
-now systems keep rebooting themselves multiple times while trying to display charts.
-System loads partial chart display, then continues to reboot itself over and over.
Please advise. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-20, 10:36 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom unit keep rebooting after inserting NC2 lighthouse chart card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cchildress44,

Please ensure that the MFD has been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.11.42 or later software. If so and the problem persists, then it would unfortunately appear that the data on the NC2 chart card has become corrupted. It is accordingly recommended that the NC2 chart card be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / replaced. Click on the Product Repair web page's Book a Repair link to initiate the process of booking a repair, which will in turned result in generation of a shipping label to then permit the NC2 chart card to be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center.
04-29-20, 07:22 PM
Chuck, I have the same exact problem with my micro SD card that came with the purchase. I have another issue sort of related. I installed the RCR-SDUSB - Card Reader + USB thinking I could simply use the regular size SD card that also chem in the package. Apparently the Axioms ( two 9") are not seeing the card reader, and the SD card. Is there a set up issue for the system to recognize it? The reader is plugged into the back of the Axiom unit.

Is there a raster chart card available for the Axiom?

Thanks, Bob
04-30-20, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

We're sorry to learn of the problem reported with your LightHouse NC2 chart card. Please follow the recommendations which I had posted earlier within this thread to seek a replacement for your LightHouse NC2 chart card. Regarding the problem with the other microSD memory card, please note that MFDs will only be able to write to or read from a remote card reader which is directly connected to the MFD. However, cartography will be shared among the system's MFDs. If working within this constraint, then please use a computer to reformat the microSD memory card (not your chart card) with a NTFS file system instead of the FAT32 or ExFAT file system which the microSD memory card may be presently formatted with.
05-09-20, 08:27 AM
Hello Chuck, I have twice since this message put in repair tickets and have received zero responses. Whats the best thing to do next?

Thanks, Bob
05-11-20, 11:12 AM
Hi Captbob,

If you have submitted service requests via the website and had no response, have you checked you spam folder to see if the auto replies have been automatically moved to spam?

If you cannot find them, maybe best to simply call the repair team, 603 324 7950

Regards
Derek
05-11-20, 04:55 PM
Thanks Derek, I will call that number. I have checked spam daily too.
06-19-20, 03:16 PM
Chuck. I did as you said
Logged on the Flir book repair or service
Selected the Lighthouse Chart North America
Part#LHC-NAM-001
Website says - “is not configured for service in our system”
Called support to advise I was instructed to do this and they stated to reply on this forum for further instructions...
Please advise.
06-22-20, 02:12 PM
Hi Captbob,

The part # to book that as a repair is # R70740. Please book the repair using that number.

Chris,