Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Tacktick speed error
04-27-20, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-20 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Tacktick speed error
Hi

I have a system containing TackticK mn-100-2 Speed/log, Tacktick MN-100-2 wind, multihul transmitter, EV200 autopilot and a microtalk gateway - all connected through NMEA2000 network and communicates as designed. The Transducer is an Aimar DST-800(triducer)

At the moment i have no MFD or other GPS unit connected.

It works perfectly the autopilot can use the windvane, i can read the compas on the mn100 displays, see temp, depth and speed.

But the speed is acting weird. When to boat is completely still in the marina the speed reads 0.0 then jump to between 1.2 and 1.6, back to 0.0 and then to 1.2-1.6 again.

most of the time et reads 1.2-1.6.

Every thing is brand new so my guess is that i might be a calibration issue or some interferrence. All old instruments ares disconnected. Had a similar problem with the depth sensor but it went away when all the old instruments were disconnected.

Wind is 100% accurate and reliable, same for depth and temp. Error is only on speed and it looks as the problem stay when the boat is moving, speed showing 1.2-1.6 to much from time to time.

Any advice to what i could do? what might be the reason?

Ulrik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-20, 08:33 AM
RE: [DG11] Tacktick speed error
Hi Ulrick,

The issue is most likely a power issue with the speed transducer, try to connect the red wire for the transducer to the incoming 12v to the hull transmitter, this should resolve the issue.

regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply