Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom12 RVX upgrade, useful to keep c127?
04-27-20, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-20 07:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom12 RVX upgrade, useful to keep c127?
Upgrading to Axiom 12 RVX with RV220 3D transducer.

Existing networked devices are as follows:
Radar: Quantum 24D
Autopilot: EV-150
Radio: Raymarine 73 GPS w/AIS
XM Weather: Raymarine SR150

I'm considering keeping the c127 MFD & mounting it next to the new Axiom 12 RVX instead of replacing it.

My question: Will I be able to simultaneously view/control all my networked devices on both MFD's?

I understand I can't share a chart from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III MFD's, correct?

Would I be able to see the RV220 data connected to the Axiom 12 RVX networked over to the c127?

Thanks!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-20, 08:25 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom12 RVX upgrade, useful to keep c127?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Savoia,

Q1. Will I be able to simultaneously view/control all my networked devices on both MFD's?
A1. Negative. In fact, if a MFD running LH3 software detects an incompatible MFD within the Ethernet network, then it will not permit further operation of the MFD running LH3 software until the incompatible MFD has been disconnected from the system's Ethernet network. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. I understand I can't share a chart from Lighthouse II to Lighthouse III MFD's, correct?
A2. Correct. See the FAQ referenced in my response to Q1.

Q3. Would I be able to see the RV220 data connected to the Axiom 12 RVX networked over to the c127?
A3. Fishfinder features of the MFD running LHII software (i.e. the c127) will not utilize the RV transducers. However, should the MFD running LHII software be interface to the system only via the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, then the MFD running LHII software would have access to the numerical depth data (to be displayed within the Data application or data overlay).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply