Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] EV 200 restart in windy conditions
04-27-20, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-20 01:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] EV 200 restart in windy conditions
Hi, everyone. I have a problem with my EV200 when wave height more then 2 meters.
The problem is - when wave hit the rudder (or trying to get the boat off the course) in several seconds I got the message "No pilot" and after one or two seconds everything ok, but it's standby mode and boat is turning around. It's not depends on batteries as its happen even if engine is on.
Autopilot settings doesn't allow him to adjust rudder more then 25 degrees (not too much)
In a calm weather everything is good.
Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-20, 09:05 AM
RE: [DG11] EV 200 restart in windy conditions
Hi Fed.Ushel,
Thank you for your enquiry,

This sounds more like a loose connection in STng, where the Control unit and EV1 are losing communication with the ACU, especially if it coincides with the boat getting knocked off course with a wave or a sudden shock load on the ACU? Suggest to check all the connections in the STng network to make sure none are loose of have a bad connection.

Also check the ACu200 is not getting hot to the touch and the ACU is dropping out due to overactivity of the drive or excessive load, however in the first case, would suspect a high resistance or loose connection or loose power connections to the ACU which is reducing current causing it to reset to STANDBY.

Going forwards, we recommend you check the software status of the autopilot system too and update the p70s, the EV1 and the ACU to the latest current version at the next opportunity.

Regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply