Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A98 with Lowrance Fuel Flow Sensor
04-28-20, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-20 10:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] A98 with Lowrance Fuel Flow Sensor
Hi,
I was reading an older thread on this discussion but didnt really answer my question. I was wondering if the Lowrance Fuel Flow Sensor (NMEA2K) will work with the A98 or the Axiom 9rv? Things I read was it "should" work but there is no way to change the PGN? to have 2 senders on the network unless you have a lowrance MFD to do so. Is this still the case? Are there any "supported/manufactured" raymarine fuel flow senders available?
thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-20, 11:06 AM
RE: [CA11] A98 with Lowrance Fuel Flow Sensor
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum unixdood,

Q. Things I read was it "should" work but there is no way to change the PGN? to have 2 senders on the network unless you have a lowrance MFD to do so. Is this still the case?
A. Yes, this remains the case. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated therein, Raymarine products are not designed to calibrate or configure (for instance ID, etc.) third party products ... including third party fuel flow sensors. Third party fuel flow sensors would need to be configured and calibrated in the manner specified by the sensor manufacturer. Should the sender then transmit PGN 127497 or 127489 then the MFD will display / utilize the corresponding data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply