Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E120 to EV100 autopilot
04-29-20, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E120 to EV100 autopilot
I Have an EV100 autopilot connected to a seatalkng network which is connected to my E120 seatalk2 port. The E120 is software version 5.52. Also connected to the seatalkng network is an RS150. The E120 is receiving position data from the RS150 but the EV100 is not. When I use the p70r to search for data input I get an error message saying the E120 is not compatible. The RS150 was installed to replace a Lowrance gps module that was failing. Interestingly the Lowrance module connected to the same seatalkng network was able to provide data to the autopilot. What do I need to do to get the autopilot to "see" the position data on the seatalkng network? I intend to update the software to version 5.69 but am not sure if this is the answer. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-20, 03:18 PM
RE: [CA11] E120 to EV100 autopilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum KingFish,

Please note that Data Source Selection is only necessary when the system features more than one type of GPS, Date & Time, GPS Datum, Wind, Depth, or Speed data and then only for the type of data having more than one source. Regarding the message, seen on the p70R, please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Finally, it is indeed recommended that the MFD be updated w/v5.69 software to ensure proper communications with the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
05-03-20, 12:14 PM
Thank you for the response. I have been unsuccessful upgrading the software version to 5.69. I am able to download the files to my 128mb CF card but when I place the card in my E120, the software utility update page shows no available software upgrade. Interestingly the software update utility page only showed up the first time I tried installing the CF card. I tried the process multiple times and the unit boots up normally and does not go to the software update screen after the initial try. My Navionics chart chip still works when I install it so I don't believe it is a card reader issue.
The update instructions state you need to click on the downloaded files to open and then copy all the files to the root of the CF card, it yet i am unable to find an application that will open the files. I only see 2 files, an autorun.DOB file and E_app_upg_uni.pkg. I copied both of these files successfully to the CF card yet the E120 did not see them. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
05-04-20, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-20 10:12 AM by Chris - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Kingfish,

Please see this faq which addresses the issue, https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=427

Chris,
05-18-20, 06:05 PM
I have updated the software of my E120 to version 5.69. When I attempt to goto a waypoint on my E120 it asks whether I would like to engage autopilot tracking. When I engage autopilot tracking on my E120 the p70r beeps and displays the error message "no speed data". What can I do to resolve this?
05-21-20, 02:54 PM
Hello Mezr2ice,

I have a couple questions. When this happens how fast are you going? How does the E120 interface to the autopilot?

Chris,