Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CC] [CC11] Transducers Selection
04-30-20, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-20 10:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CC11] Transducers Selection
Hi I’m planning on buying a Axiom Pro RVX 16” MFD and would like to know the following about transducers.

1. If I purchase the RV-220 dual transducers is this all I have to buy, or will I have to purchase a high chirp transducer to give me high chirp sonar?
2. If I need to purchase a high chirp transducer what do you recommend?
(I have used an Airmar B175H Transducer. on my other boat)
Thank you Ralph
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-20, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-20 02:47 PM by Chris - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CC11] Transducers Selection
Hello Ralph and welcome to the Raymarine forum.

1. If I purchase the RV-220 dual transducers is this all I have to buy, or will I have to purchase a high chirp transducer to give me high chirp sonar?

Q1-A The RV-220 transducers have four built in elements. On of these is a 20 degree conical high chirp element that is rated to go down to a max depth of 900 feet in optimal conditions. They also have down and side vision elements built in. Here is a link to the recent webinar that goes over the fishfinding technology in detail https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo

This video is also available on our webinar page here https://www.raymarine.com/about-us/webinar-series/

2. If I need to purchase a high chirp transducer what do you recommend?

Q2-A The B175H has a bigger element and can transmit more power into the water column but has a max depth rating of 1000 feet only 100 feet more that the RV220 pair. You would choose this option if you are looking to have the best resolution return. Additionally, please see the above webinar. Both options are excellent.

Many of our customer will opt to add the B175M(1500 feet max) or the B175L if they are targeting fish in deeper waters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply