Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Multi function display's functionality
04-30-20, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-20 02:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Multi function display's functionality
Apologies in advance.. I am a real novice with this stuff... My searay has LighthouseII release 17.. but it's in storage at the moment with manuals - not too smart! How do I determine/confirm that functionlaity includes fishfinder and chartplotter etc...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-20, 03:11 PM
RE: [CA11] Multi function display's functionality
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joe,

Q1. My searay has LighthouseII release 17
A1. Please note the final release of LightHouse II software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs was v19.03. If is recommended that the MFD's software be update to v19.03 when next onboard the vessel.

Q2. It's in storage at the moment with manuals
A2. Please note that the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions may be downloaded from Raymarine's website.

Q3. How do I determine/confirm that functionlaity includes fishfinder.
A3. To determine whether the system has been interfaced either directly to a compatible fishfinder transducer or has been interfaced to a compatible fishfinder sounder module, which in turn has been interfaced a compatible fishfinder transducer, when the boat is in the water open the Fishfinder application page. If the top of the screen indicated "No Sonar Source" then the requirements listed above have not been satisfied. Detailed information concerning the LightHouse II Fishfinder application may be found within Chapter 15: Sonar (Fishfinder) application of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.

Q3. How do I determine/confirm that functionlaity includes chartplotter etc.
A3. In order for the MFD to function as a chartplotter, the MFD (either via its internal GPS receiver or via an external GPS sensor) must receive GPS position, COG, SOG, etc. Additionally, in order to display detailed cartography, the a compatible chart card must be present within the MFD's memory card reader. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Detailed information concerning the LightHouse II Fishfinder application may be found within Chapter 14: Chart application of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply