Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CC11] reconnecting wires to M81188 rudder position sensor please
04-30-20, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-20 10:48 AM by Chris - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CC11] reconnecting wires to M81188 rudder position sensor please
I became a co-owner on a tiller sailboat.
The drive and M81188 rudder position sensor were not attached to the mounting and bouncing around so the cable tore off the rudder position sensor. Inside is a Vishay “board” with schematic of a variable resistor and 3 terminals. I believe “blue” wire goes to #2 (center tap) and “red” and “green” go to #1 and #3 (ends). Which goes on which end?

I guess if I get it wrong I can reverse at the course computer but prefer to keep the current calibration.

Thanks!
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-20, 03:13 PM
RE: [CC11] reconnecting wires to M81188 rudder position sensor please
Hello mramsbey and welcome to the Raymarine forum.

We normally find it a best practice to not open up items as we recommend sending them in for service. The M81188 has been retired so the option currently would be to get this one working or replace it with a Seastar smartstick. If you can get this working I would recommend that. We do not have nor would we normally distribute schematics as you are describing. Additionally here is a faq on testing the M81188 https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=95
05-04-20, 11:39 AM
Okay.

By the way, if anyone ever does have to open it, it seems to require about a 190 degree counterclockwise twist of the potentiometer mount (preload the spring) to be at the middle of the resistance range.
05-05-20, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback

Regards
Derek