Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Waypoint number indicators don't count from zero
04-28-20, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-20 08:07 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Waypoint number indicators don't count from zero
Hello, I just purchased a used Grady with your C120 installed. I was able to delete the existing waypoints but when I try to add new the numbering doesn’t start at one. He had over 170 waypoints saved in another area I don’t fish. Is it possible to get this back to the beginning numbers??? Thanks Doug
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-20, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-20 08:12 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Waypoint number indicators don't count from zero
Hello Doug,

This is normal for a C-series and in fact any of our displays. It's just simpler from the point of view of the software design, and ensures that if you create 2 consecutive waypoints then they have consecutive numbers, which might well not be the case if (for example) you'd previously deleted Waypoints 1 and 3 but not Waypoint 2, and we always tried to use the lowest available number.

To get the waypoint numbering to start again from zero you'd need to do a Factory Reset (Settings And Data reset.) Make sure you back up any other setup and data you want to keep first though.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply