Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] S100 Autopilot Remote
05-02-20, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-20 12:42 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
S100 Autopilot Remote
My S100 remote has stopped pairing with the base station. When I used to power up the base station the LED came on then went out, now when I power up the LED on the base station comes on and stays on, is this some sort of fault indication with the base station ? I've noticed in some videos on line that when pairing the smart controller (rather than the S100 I have) the LED indicates successful pairing. I also notice that there is a small push button on the base station, what does this do ? Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-20, 12:54 AM
RE: S100 Autopilot Remote pairing with base station
Hello Wildfire,

I can't honestly remember the LED status on the base station at the moment and am working from home at the moment where I don't have one to check against, but I can tell you that S100s do occasionally develop problems with their pairing and stop communicating between one power-up and the next. The solution is to de-register, as described at the back of the handbook, and re-register and that usually solves the problem. If it doesn't, and the S100 has new batteries and the base has a good 12V then one or other has presumably developed a fault, but there's no easy way without another remote or base to test with of telling which. A Raymarine Certified service dealer or our own service workshop would be able to test for you.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-08-20, 08:58 AM
RE: S100 Autopilot Remote
Thanks Tom - I've tried the de-register/ re-register so I guess it's time to send off for repair.