Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CC11] I70 ITc-5 no speed, temp
05-03-20, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-20 03:03 PM by Chris - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CC11] I70 ITc-5 no speed, temp
Hi
New install on a 32” sailboat - i70, ITC-5 and dst800. Nothing else, purchased as a System Pack.

Depth works but no speed or temp. Dashes in display for speed. Slow blinking LED on ITC-5. Verified cable connections. Connected as instructed, so no SHIELD on the speed/temp connector (only ion the DEPTH connector).

Verified that the paddle wheel is spinning just fine.

I70 SW version 3.11. With numeric serial 0191281
ITC-5 found in i70 with numeric 0390630 and product code 12743

So how can I get this to work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-20, 03:02 PM
RE: I70 ITc-5 no speed, temp
Hello TuSan and welcome to the Raymarine forum,

Be advised the speed transducer does need to spin and register for a short time for the ITC-5 to "see it". Until this happens it appears the speed is not working.

Additionally we could be looking at a transducer issue.

Does the i70 show the temp?

Please see the test for the speed transducer below,
Testing the Speed Sensor:

Verify that the transducers paddle wheel is free of marine growth and rotates freely on its shaft-disregard this as it is new.
Power down the instrument
Disconnect the GREEN and SHIELD transducer leads from the instrument display or instrument pod.
Connect a multimeter to the GREEN and SHIELD transducer leads and configure the multimeter to measure continuity or resistance.
Slowly rotate the transducer paddle wheel by hand. Note that as the paddlewheel is rotated, the multimeter should alternate between an open circuit and a closed circuit with each quarter turn. As such one complete revolution of the paddle wheel should open and close the circuit four times.

Should the multimeter respond as indicated above, then the speed sensor element of the transducer would be deemed functional. If not, then the transducer has failed and should be replaced.
05-08-20, 04:17 AM
RE: [CC11] I70 ITc-5 no speed, temp
Hi
green / shield and rotating paddle wheel slowly shows CONSTANT Resistance value of 1406. No temp data. Depth works when the transducer is installed.

So the transducer is defective, right? I need to get a replacement.
05-11-20, 10:53 AM
RE: [CC11] I70 ITc-5 no speed, temp
Yes, the symptoms indicate the transducer is bad. I would recommend getting a replacement.