Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CC11] Adding 2nd screen to c127
05-04-20, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-20 02:00 PM by Chris - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CC11] Adding 2nd screen to c127
Couple of Questions
1. I have a fairly new c127 MFD on an older boat and wish to add a 2nd 12" MFD, as the matching MFD's A, C or E are not longer available are the latest Raymarine MFD compatible with the c127 and if so which is the recommended model.

2. The boat has an older Interphase forward and side scanning sonar, but if I wanted to use the sonar capability what transducer do I need (there is already of basic transducer connected to the original Raymarine dedicated display...would this work connected to the c127?

3. If I wanted to see engine details (temp, oil pressure etc) from my older mechanic Volvo diesels what would I need to interface this with the NMEA 0183 backbone.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-20, 01:54 PM
RE: [CC11] Adding 2nd screen to c127
Hello ajmevans,

Q1. I have a fairly new c127 MFD on an older boat and wish to add a 2nd 12" MFD, as the matching MFD's A, C or E are not longer available are the latest Raymarine MFD compatible with the c127 and if so which is the recommended model.
A1-The only displays you can add are the a,c,and e Series displays. The current Axioms are not compatible.

Q2. The boat has an older Interphase forward and side scanning sonar, but if I wanted to use the sonar capability what transducer do I need (there is already of basic transducer connected to the original Raymarine dedicated display...would this work connected to the c127?
A2-The Interphase and c127 have limited compatibility. The c127 can show video from the Interphase and that is it.

Q3. If I wanted to see engine details (temp, oil pressure etc) from my older mechanic Volvo diesels what would I need to interface this with the NMEA 0183 backbone.
A3-If the engines support the output of NMEA2000 this can be done. If they do not support NMEA2000 output then no.

Chris,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply