Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] interfacing VHF/Vessel View SC5000/ Axiom 9 /RS150 ant
05-04-20, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-20 09:58 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
interfacing VHF/Vessel View SC5000/ Axiom 9 /RS150 ant
I installed the Axiom 9 w/ RS 150 ant.
I need to interface the ICOM VHF 0183 only to show position and Verado vessel view SC5000 display for GPS MPH only, as all other engine functions are displayed.
So, i purchased the Seatalk ng / 0183 converter to run the yellow to my VHF. Question....Have does to SC5000 display connect. Do I need a second converter and extend to backbone???

Thank you,
Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-20, 10:12 PM
RE: [TG] interfacing VHF/Vessel View SC5000/ Axiom 9 /RS150 ant
Hello Robert,

If the ICOM VHF is 0183-only then our STNG-NMEA0183 interface is probably suitable, but I would suggest checking 2 things on the VHF:
  1. Our interface only outputs GLL messages, no other NMEA0183 data
  2. Our interface is not an isolated output, so the input of the VHF must or you risk a ground loop (not a good thing)

On the VesselView display: Mercury's SmartCraft is proprietary data, but if you use one of the SmartCraft - NMEA2000 gateways that they offer then that may well allow the SC5000 to get your Axiom's GPS data and also should allow the Axiom to get the engine data, but I would suggest asking Mercury about that.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply