Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Is my RV100 transducer broken?
05-04-20, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-20 10:15 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Is my RV100 transducer broken?
Is my RV100 transducer broken?
Why is the group of fish not showing up at the same level in the side vision of the black water column?
I think this group of fish is the same group but (1) the left side group looks a lot bigger than the right side fish group, and (2) the right side group fish lags the right side of group?

Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-20, 10:25 PM
RE: Is my RV100 transducer broken?
Hello Steve,

That looks like a pretty normal image to me. What you have there is either one group which was laid out diagonally across your track or two separate groups, and the one to port was a) crossed earlier and b) is either slightly higher in the water column or is closer in to the centre-line of the vessel than the one to starboard. It's worth bearing in mind when looking at these images that the SV view does not look straight down (you'd need to also show the DownVision view to see the full coverage below and to either side) so there is a section of the bottom and water column below the boat that's not being imaged in an SV-only view. This image gives an illustration of the coverage of the SV and DV beams.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply