Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] ACU-400 not detected ('No Pilot' error)
05-05-20, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-20 08:51 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] ACU-400 not detected ('No Pilot' error)
Good day.

I have purchased a boat with a relatively low operation time and (unbeknownst to me) non functioning autopilot system. The entire setup consists of an Es75 MFD, ACU-400, EV-1 and P70s. I have connected a P70s control head directly to the ACU and it is powered (by ACU) but still throws up the same error. I have tested the drive (hydraulic) motor and clutch directly against a 12v source, both are functioning correctly. ACU has Yellow LED on power and red on Seatalk status. Could it be due to bad software compatibility or is the ACU bad?

Software versions;
Es75 MFD: 19.03-00036
EV-1 course computer: 2.18
P70s control head: 3.07

Appreciate any help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-20, 08:57 AM
RE: [DG11] ACU-400 not detected ('No Pilot' error)
Hi SaltySeaPup

Thankyou for your enquiry and further to our previous response,

The yellow LED on the ACU suggests there is an issue with comms to the STng network, as a result of this the EV1 cannot detect the ACU and so the No Pilot alarm is generated.

We would recommend disconnecting everything else from the STng network and updating the EV1, the ACU and the p70 in that order and individually.

If the ACU is not recoverd by this, then I suspect you will need the help of a local agent to check out the ACU and repair if necessary

Regards
Derek
05-09-20, 06:50 AM
Thanks for your response! How would I go about interfacing and updating the ACU if I am not able to detect it via MFD or Control head?

Should I downgrade the software versions? If so which versions should I go for?

Appreciate all the help you can give.

Best regards.
05-11-20, 09:04 AM
Hi SaltySeaPup,

We recommend removing everything else from the backbone other than the MFD and the ACU, then just downlod the update for the ACU itself, and try to update it on it's own. Do the same for the EV 1 too.

If still nothing, Pm me and we will take this offline.
Thanks
Derek