Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Communications
04-24-20, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-20 12:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Communications
I have purchased a 2006 vintage boat that was equipped with a Raymarine Ray215 VHF on the helm and a Rayvhf remote station in the salon with a Raymarine speaker with volume control. The previous owner replaced the Ray215 with a Ray55 VHF radio prior to me purchasing the boat and the older Rayvhf is not compatible. I have since purchased a Raymic A46051 with cable to install in the salon to replace the older unit.

1) Does this Raymic Remote station, A46051 hand set, require an external speaker.
2) Will the existing speaker work with the A46051 or do I need to exchange it with a passive speaker.
3) if the older speaker and the A46051 will not work, could you recommend a newer Raymarine speaker that will connect to the handset, with the two wires on the extension cable that came with the kit.

Thank you in advance.

Greg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-20, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-20 04:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Communications
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Greg,

Q1) Does this Raymic Remote station, A46051 hand set, require an external speaker.
A1) Negative. A speaker is located within the housing of the Raymic itself. You can also install an optional E46006 external speaker to the Raymic.

Q2) Will the existing speaker work with the A46051 or do I need to exchange it with a passive speaker.
A2) Unlike a situation involving a passive speaker, the currently installed active speaker may not be retained for use with the Raymic.

Q3) if the older speaker and the A46051 will not work, could you recommend a newer Raymarine speaker that will connect to the handset, with the two wires on the extension cable that came with the kit.
A3) See response to Q1.
04-27-20, 01:03 PM
Thank you very much. I have sent a second request for information as I wasn't sure this one went through. Please disregard the second request.

Can I assume that the currently installed speaker connected to the older equipment is a passive speaker?
04-27-20, 02:18 PM
Greg,

Q. Can I assume that the currently installed speaker connected to the older equipment is a passive speaker?
A. If it doesn't have a volume knob, then its a passive speaker. If it has a volume knob, then it is an active speaker.
04-27-20, 03:38 PM
The current speaker has a volume knob. I assume it is an active speaker then. Is it compatible with the A46051. If not, is the E46006 still available. I would like to hook an external speaker to the A46051. I am a bit confused because of your response to Q2.
04-27-20, 04:16 PM
GMcLane,

Q1. The current speaker has a volume knob. I assume it is an active speaker then. Is it compatible with the A46051.
A. Negative.

Q2. If not, is the E46006 still available.
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where on may find the latest information concerning availability and pricing for Raymarine product parts..

Q3. I would like to hook an external speaker to the A46051. I am a bit confused because of your response to Q2.
A3. I failed to catch that the currently installed speaker is an active speaker. My initials responses within my earlier post to Q2 and Q3 have been corrected accordingly.
04-27-20, 04:25 PM
Chuck, Thank you so much. I just wanted to be clear and was a bit confused, doesn't take much sometimes.

I will check the Raymarine site for a passive speaker. I will remove the old Raymarine speaker and sell it with the old unit and cables. Would like to get a compatible speaker to cover the [censored] at minimum.

You have been more than helpful and patient.

Thank again.

Greg
04-27-20, 04:30 PM
You're welcome. Raymarine Order Services should indeed be able to provide you with the availability information requested.