Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[JB] Axiom 9 Software update failed
05-06-20, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-20 12:15 AM by Jules - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Axiom 9 Software update failed
I tried to upgrade the software on my Axiom 9 ( E70366R ) from v3.10.42 to the latast v3.11.42.

First attempt "online" failed downloading just before 98%.

Second attempt "online" I got a message similar to "will used SD1 delete file after" downloaded OK, and got started the installation it will take 4 minutes.
When i looked efter a while the installation failed

Than i decided to download the files "https://www.raymarine.eu/service-and-support/software-updates/mfds/lighthouse3/axiom-models.html"

Installed the SD-card and power on the Axiom , it detected the new software on the SD-card and asked if I wanted to install the new software i pressed Yes got the message "it will take 4 minutes"

when i looked the Axiom have rebooted but it fail to boot get the "Raymarine" logo and Axiom Logo and there it loops :-(
See the Mov file http://rickardt.net/omega/IMG_0775.MOV

How to resolve this ? is the a way to reload the reset the Axion via the USB port.?
hans@rickardt.net
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-20, 12:33 AM
RE: Axiom 9 Software update failed
Hi hans@rickardt.net,

Welcome to the forum,

In cases like this you can perform a Power on Factory Reset.

"Warning: Factory reset warning"
Performing a factory reset will restore all system and app settings to factory defaults and erase all user data (such as waypoints, routes, tracks, camera recordings and photos). Before performing a power on reset ensure you have backed up your settings and user data (waypoints, routes, tracks, camera recordings and photos) to a memory card.

Performing a power on reset;

1. Switch off power at the breaker to ensure that the MFD is completely powered off, and not in Standby mode. Alternatively, remove the power cable from the display.
2. Power on your MFD, and within approximately 10 seconds, swipe your finger from right to left (opposite direction to powering on) across the Power button swipe area 5 times. Recovery options are displayed.
3. Swipe your finger from right to left twice to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
4. Swipe your finger from left to right once to accept.
5. Swipe your finger from right to left once to highlight Yes.
6. Swipe your finger from left to right once to restore your MFD to factory default settings.
7. When Data wipe complete is displayed, swipe your finger from left to right to restart your MFD.

Following this you can check if the software version has updated to 3.11.42

Happy boating

Kind regards
Jules
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply