Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Tack and Sticking AutoPilot
05-05-20, 06:14 PM
Auto Tack and Sticking AutoPilot
Newbie here entering the 21st century. Learning Raymarine instruments on a newly purchased, used sailboat. I have the following instruments installed: MFD c25, Auto Pilot c70, Speed and Depth i70. Still learning the relationships between the MFD and the c70 and i70. What does what and what to press...

Right now what I want to learn is how to configure (or use) auto tack. How can I push a button(s) and have my boat automatically, and quickly turn 90-120 degrees for tacking? Would I do this using the MFD c25 or the p70?

I have noticed that when I press standby on the p70, there is a pause before it "let's go" of the wheel so I can take the helm. This pause seems new, as if something might be wrong or perhaps needing maintenance/lubrication??? Any thoughts on this, and what sort of maintenance should I be doing on this marvel?

Thanks for any input.

Clyde
Long Beach, CA
Catalina 320 Sailboat
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-20, 08:18 AM
RE: Auto Tack and Sticking AutoPilot
Hi Clyde,

To engage the autotack function you press the +1 and +10 or the -1 and 10 simultaneously to change course 100 degrees.

It can be normal for equipment to pause before it engages or disengages. If something is mechanically sticking that is something different.

With being a new boat owner we would recommend downloading a copy of the equipment manuals from our website. https://www.raymarine.com/service-and-su...documents/

The c125, p70 and i70 manuals have a wealth of information and are very well written.

Chris,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply