Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[JB] Software Upgrade
05-08-20, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-20 12:36 AM by Jules - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Software Upgrade
Good day, I have an Axiom Pro 12 RVX and have been trying to upgrade the software from version 3.5.40 to version 3.11.42 and am having issues. Using wifi, the download has failed a couple of times and once when it did download completely and switched to install mode the Axiom unit itself immediately shut down. I tried downloading the update to a micro sd card on my computer and installing the update from the sd card. Same thing happens, when the display switches to install mode it immediately shuts down and I have to reboot by turning the power source off and on again. I have tried doing factory resets and putting in an empty 32gb sd card in the extra slot to no avail....??

Could the download to the sd card be corrupt...? I had trouble finding a software download link on the Raymarine site that would actually work, the one I found was at raymarine.eu

Thanks....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-20, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-20 01:04 AM by Jules - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Software Upgrade
Hi Yachtmaster,

Software updates are usually fairly straight forward. Issues can be with poor quality or substantially used microSD cards as they tend to fail quite regularly. A failed or failing microSD card can even stop a MFD starting.

It's best to be using a fresh good quality microSD card, not bigger than 32gb, formatted to FAT32 or NTFS. Download a fresh version of the Axiom 3.11.42 update from the US Raymarine website CLICK HERE . Unzip the downloaded file and copy the file named ray_mfd_axiom_combi_3_11_42.upgrade.iso to the microSD card. Once you insert this microSD card into the Axiom the software update will be detected and the process take effect. The unit will reboot once the software is installed correctly and a message will pop-up to confirm that.

If you continue having problems you should contact your nearest service center and get the unit looked at

Happy boating

Kind regards
Jules
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply