Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] SPX30 commissioning issue
05-11-20, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-20 08:43 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] SPX30 commissioning issue
I recently sent my SPX30 in for a software update. After re-installing I cannot complete the dockside commissioning. After manually centering the wheel and then setting port/starboard limits all is good. It passes this part, 28 degrees. The auto pilot takes control and and fails. Error message is “task failed - values too close”.

P70 at the helm.
Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-20, 08:51 AM
RE: [DG11] SPX30 commissioning issue
Hi Experiencesail

Thankyou for your enquiry,

The warning message indicates that there is something unexpected in the feedback from the rudder reference unit, either the travel to port and to starboard is unequal or the travel is less than expected for a full deflection to port and to starboard.

In the first place check the travel of the arm to port and to starboard, also check the movement is linear, so the that arm of the rudder reference unit moves an equal amount compared to the movement of the rudder quadrant.

Watch the rudder angle display on the control unit too, does it move smoothly and reflect correctly the movement of the rudder?

regards

Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply