Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Interfacing Vesper XB-8000 to C95 MFD
05-09-20, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-20 01:51 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Interfacing Vesper XB-8000 to C95 MFD
Can I use the Vesper XB-8000 AIS WI-FI capability to interface with my Raymarine C95 MFD WI-FI wirelessly to get AIS info on MFD and not have to use the NEMA 2000 to SeaTalk wired connection?

If so how do I do it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-20, 01:57 AM
RE: [TG11] Interfacing Vesper XB-8000 to C95 MFD
Hello Jtamucci,

No, our displays will only take data over the industry standard intefaces: NMEA0183 or NMEA2000 (different displays support either one or both types, for anyone else reading this - the c95 supports both.)

I'm not sure how to phrase this next part: normally I try very hard to be agnostic and neutral when owners talk about installing third-party products (that's exactly what standard interfaces like NMEA2000 are for) but I have to say that I've had several bad experiences with that particular model. Nothing against the brand, or third-party AIS in general.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply