Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom 12 Shows Grossly Incorrect date
05-11-20, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-20 02:07 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom 12 Shows Grossly Incorrect date
I have an axiom 12 which I have been using for a while now. I use overlays such as water temp, time, etc but have never really paid attention to the actual date until I save some waypoints on my last fishing trip two days ago. My system is nmea2000 networked and includes fluid level sensor, two Garmin GM10’s for engine data, the axiom mfd, an rv100 transducer, and an external gps antenna.
When I went back to my saved waypoints I noticed all the dates were set to 20/09/2000 which is out by over 19 years. The time though is correct. I then went to my satellite page and noticed the date there was also incorrect and indicated 22/09/2000 with the correct time displayed and a number of satellites shown. This all came about as I was trying to calibrate my fluid level sensor which worked correctly but showed the calibration date as being 22/09/2000. I am running the latest lighthouse 3 software version having updated the system about a month ago. I have no issues with engine data except that the engine hours shown on the mdf are crazy different from my Garmin’s which show the correct engine hours. For example Garmin engine hours show 498 but the mfd shows 1478. I’ve tried to look up other posts to try and see what’s going on but cannot find very much information. Can someone please let me know if there is a solution to this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-20, 02:12 AM
RE: [TG11] Axiom 12 Shows Grossly Incorrect date
Hello Ronj31,

Can you send us a recording of your NMEA2000 data taken when everything (including the engines) is up and running and the problem is apparent? A couple of minutes of data would be good, but whilst making the recording please press Refresh on the 'NMEA Devices and messages' page so that we can see in the log the response to that poll (device information.) Please post the NMEA2000 recording back here as an attachment.
I would like to see what devices are transmitting what date/time. That sounds like either the date information is being overridden by something else, or what we call a Data Loop. This is a standard Axiom or an Axiom Pro?

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-13-20, 06:59 AM
Hi Tom, thanks for the quick reply. I will take recordings as you requested and post them here. The unit is a standard Axiom 12. Before I saw your post I ran the network to see what I actually have attached as I only bought the boat a couple of months ago. One of the accessories is a Garmin 17x nmea2000 external GPS antenna. I looked up their web site and noticed their last update corrected a incorrect date issue. It was only rolled out at the end of last year hence whilst the boat was up for sale at the dealer the antenna was not updated to address this date issue so it’s still running old software. I have downloaded their new update which addresses the known date issue but now have to figure out how to apply it to the unit. Don’t know if that can be done though the axiom as this accessory is on the network but does not have its own sd card slot.
I was thinking of using the Axioms own internal antenna, however the unit is located in a hard top and is flat mounted into a dashboard. Do you think the internal antenna would still be strong enough? I guess this way if the date comes good I know it must be the external antenna that is causing the issue. I’ll post my recording tomorrow. Many thanks for your help.

Thanks
Ronald.
05-13-20, 08:41 PM
Hi Ronj31,

That does sound like a distinct possibility. If you still have issues with the other GPS disconnected temporarily, or after the update, let me know.
As for updating the antenna, no, I am sorry to say that you won't be able to do it from the Axiom. This is because software updates use manufacturer-specific proprietary messages as opposed to standard NMEA2000, and our display only knows how to update Raymarine products. I am guessing you'll need to borrow a Garmin MFD in order to apply the update.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-14-20, 02:15 AM
Hi Tom,
Hope I've recorded the info correctly for you,it is attached, I'm quite new on the axiom and NMEA2000 finer details but I'm learning quickly. Nice piece of equipment though. Let me know if it shows anything.
Cheers
Ronald.
05-14-20, 09:06 PM
Hi Ronald,

I'm sorry to say that I don't seem to have the attachment. Would you mind trying again?

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.

05-16-20, 01:04 AM
Hi Tom,
It seem the system wont let me insert attachment in the post. I can see the file sitting there ready to insert into the post but the Insert button does not seem to be active. Any advice.
05-17-20, 09:09 PM
Hi Ronj31,

That's normal, but you don't need to insert the file, only to attach it. I can't see any attachments as yet. Alternatively if you're having trouble, you can send it to me via email at aus.support@raymarine.com.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.