Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] E120 depth recording
05-12-20, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-20 10:57 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] E120 depth recording
Hello - we have a Raymarine e120 fully integrated system circa 2006, inclusive of a 50/200khz sounder transducer. We wish to record depth continuously and save to the CompactSD card. Is this possible? It seems that it can only record depth with each waypoint. I wondered if there might be a software update or additional unit to buy that will record depth? Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-20, 11:01 PM
RE: [TG11] E120 depth recording
Hello pbrewin,

In what format are you looking to get the data, what's the intended purpose? You could log plain-text NMEA0183 to CF through Menu > Diagnostics > External Interfaces > NMEA > Buffer > Direction=Tx & Start Buffer & Record Buffer (each time you used the display: these settings would be lost when powered down) but you would still need to extract the depth and presumably GPS position from that NMEA0183 in order to do something useful with it.

There are commercial Voyage Data Recorders available, and I'm sure some recreational options, but we don't make anything like that ourselves.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply