Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Plotter Upgrade
05-12-20, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-20 10:53 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Plotter Upgrade
Hi Chuck and Co...

As I'm slowly upgrading my electronics. Having recently added a T070 mast unit and integrated that into my current system using a micronet unit... My attention now turns to improving my startline info.....
Currently I'm using a A50D for my MFD.... However, I'm really impressed with the new Lighthouse start line function and the built in polars....
Unfortunately my budget won't stretch to a Axiom unit... However, I've found a new old stock a65 & a67 for sale... I believe these unit's a running a earlier lighthouse system.... Will either of these units upgrade to the current version? or something that will give me the start line functions...
also will either unit enable my crew to run the raymarine app on their phone to see the live data..

Thanks in advance

Tim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-20, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-20 08:42 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Plotter Upgrade
Hello Tim,

a-Series can't be updated to the Lighthouse 3 that Axiom displays run, but the Lighthouse 2 software that they run also has start-line, race timer, laylines, polars and so on. See the Lighthouse 2 software information and owner's manual available here. They also support remote display via the RayView (view-only), RayRemote (for phones) or RayControl (for tablets) apps fo iOS and Android.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-14-20, 11:57 PM
Thanks Tom.... Just one quick question am I correct in thinking that these plotters come with charts as per My current A50D?
Also apart from the fishfinder on the a67 are there any other benefits for choosing this over the a65?

Kind Regards

Tim
05-17-20, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-20 10:16 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Tim,

No, a65 and a67 (and the rest of that generation of display, the a, c, e, eS and gS-series) were supplied either no-chart or with a Navionics chart card bundled in the box, but there are no embedded charts.

The only difference between a65, a67 or a68 is the internal sounder in a67 or a68 (different in each), but there were also Wifi and non-Wifi versions of each. The non-Wifi versions could not do the remote display capability I mentioned before. All of these displays are now retired in favour of the Axiom range, but you can find information from when they were available at https://www.raymarine.com/view/index-id=4954.html.

Regards,
Tom
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-18-20, 11:59 AM
Thanks Tom...

Kind Regards

Tim
05-18-20, 12:07 PM
How do you tell if the plotter has wifi...???

I have the a67 serial its E70077 1223721

Thanks in advance

Tim
05-19-20, 01:48 AM
Hello Tim,

E70077 is a non-Wifi a67. The Wifi version was part E70163.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.

05-19-20, 01:59 PM
So would I be correct in thinking that the a65 with serial E70076 would be non wifi also?

Regards

Tim
05-19-20, 10:17 PM
Hello Tim,

Correct. Sorry, I have just seen that I had a formatting error in the address I'd linked to before that would have given that information: you can find a-Series details at https://www.raymarine.com/view/index-id=4954.html.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.