Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Can wireless display show data from wired instruments
05-13-20, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-20 12:35 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Can wireless display show data from wired instruments
Hello,

I’ve got the tacktick wireless wind transducer with the handheld remote. I don’t like the fact that I’ve got to keep the remote on in order to receive wind data on my chart plotter via the microtalk gateway. I’d rather have a hard mounted display for that purpose. I am considering getting a wireless display to use for this. Are there any wireless display units capable of showing me data from my other, wired transducers such as depth, speed, etc? This would make the purchase of a wireless display more useful.

Thanks!
Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-20, 12:37 AM
RE: [TG11] Can wireless display show data from wired instruments
Hello Chris,

Yes, the mn100-2 displays can show a wide range of data, and from either the wireless or wired networks via the MicroTalk. You can see a full list of what they'll display in their handbooks which you can find here, but that certainly includes speed and depth.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply