Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Fuel Flow Meter Compatible with Axiom Pro?
05-15-20, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 12:23 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Fuel Flow Meter Compatible with Axiom Pro?
Hello,

I would like to integrate a fuel flow meter (floscan or similar) and link it to the Axiom Pro so that fuel consumption rates and data can be projected on the MFD. I have a 1991 Yamaha 2-stroke motor which is not NMEA 2000 capable and therefore am looking for a fuel flow system that can be installed inline and the data run to the MRF independent of the motor.

I have been searching all over and cannot find information to help me find a compatible product.

Please help!

Thanks,

Errin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-20, 12:49 AM
RE: [TG11] Fuel Flow Meter Compatible with Axiom Pro?
Hello Errin,

We don't make any specific recommendations - we don't test models against each other - but Floscan is indeed perhaps the best-known type. Maretron also do this sort of thing, and I'm sure there are others. Any that output standard NMEA2000 engine messages (PGN 127489) will work, but I would recommend not getting something tied to one of the other electronics manufacturers since you will likely need one of their displays to calibrate the data and set the Instance number. Whatever device you get, check before you buy what you need to set it up. One of our [https://www.raymarine.com.au/buy/find-a-dealer.html]Certified Installers (service dealers)[/url] will also likely be able to advise you about what they use in their installations.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply