Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] New Axiom 9 RV help
05-15-20, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 12:53 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] New Axiom 9 RV help
Finally was able to install new MFD and new Raymarine digital Radar but have a few questions.

Do I need to buy an RS150 antenna to use Course up or Heading up instead of North up for the map orientation.

Is there away to connect an older Raymarine auto pilot ST70001+ with a course computer 218.

Any idea if I can connect 2002 Mercruiser 496 Horizon motors to the MFD.

Thanks lots of learning and reading to do on this forum.
Al
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-20, 01:14 AM
RE: [TG11] New Axiom 9 RV help
Hello Al,

Quote:Do I need to buy an RS150 antenna to use Course up or Heading up instead of North up for the map orientation.

It's not GPS position you need (and I assume you already have GPS position) to enable Head-Up but compass heading (a GPS can only give you Course Over Ground, COG, which isn't the same thing.) You can get heading data from your autopilot.

Quote:Is there away to connect an older Raymarine auto pilot ST70001+ with a course computer 218.

I don't recognise that Course Computer model, but you can connect an older Seatalk pilot to a new MFD via a Seatalk1 - SeatalkNG convertor. Make sure that you only have power on one side of the convertor or the other: the convertor will pass power through and you must not have multiple power supplies in the network.

Quote:Any idea if I can connect 2002 Mercruiser 496 Horizon motors to the MFD?

Recent Mercruiser engines talk proprietary SmartCraft data, but they offer gateways to convert to standard NMEA2000 that our MFDs can read. Whether 2002 engines talk SmartCraft or not is a question for them, but if they don't then you would need an analogue-to-NMEA2000 convertor. Models from Actisense, Alba-Combi, NoLand Engineering and others are available. As long as they output standard NMEA2000 they should work fine, just make sure you check how to set Engine Instance numbers and do other calibration before you make your decision. You may need other devices to do that setup.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply