Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] e80 legacy chart plotter
05-16-20, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 01:27 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] e80 legacy chart plotter
Hi,

Need some advice. I have been reading all of the old threads.

I have a legacy e80 chartplotter on a new to me sailboat. I am not ready to upgrade mfd's yet. However, in near term I would like to be able to trip plan on Voyage Planner for PC and export via CF to the Chartplotter for use in the fall?

Is this possible? Can I use a the Navionics mapping that I just purchased to upgrade charting on the chartplotter? I did download via the link in the thread the Voyage Planner Software to my PC and it is asking for a product key (purchased I presume).

Help.

Thanks in advance
Chris Lopez
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-20, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 01:34 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] e80 legacy chart plotter
Hello Chris,

Quote:However, in near term I would like to be able to trip plan on Voyage Planner for PC and export via CF to the Chartplotter for use in the fall? Is this possible?

If you have a copy of Voyage Planner with a license key then yes. Export your plans in [url=https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=131Archive.fsh[/url] format, not GPX, for use with E-Series Classic.

Quote:Can I use a the Navionics mapping that I just purchased to upgrade charting on the chartplotter?

This is a chart bought for use on the PC? Then no, sorry, Navionics' copy-protection prevents this. You need to buy charts separately for each platform. The E-series only reads charts from retail Navionics CompactFlash chart cards (again, a Navionics licensing thing.)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply