Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Radar - Failed Self Test
06-13-16, 10:04 AM
Quantum Radar - Failed Self Test
I was in a fishing tournament this weekend. I used my Quantum radar during two days of pre-fishing and it worked fine. When I tried to use it the third day it would not go out of standby mode and gave me the Failed Self Test error. I went into the power screen and tried to restart it several times but it would not start. I have the unit connected with the data cable. I intend to check the data cable connection tonight and perform a software update. Are there other troubleshooting instructions that I can complete that would help me narrow the problem down?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-16, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-16 04:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Quantum Radar - Failed Self Test
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MAK1377,

It is recommended that you first verify that the Quantum radome has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update, as the initially released software could trigger the reported symptoms. If it has been updated with the latest software, then it is recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power, that its batteries be permitted to fully charge, and that following completion of the charge and while still connected to shore power, that the radome be tested again. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the power circuit supplying the radome be switched OFF and that it then be switched ON again to restore operation. Please respond accordingly if the problem persists.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply