Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] COG data (NMEA 0183) for my FloScan
05-17-20, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 09:22 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] COG data (NMEA 0183) for my FloScan
I have a flybridge and a lower helm station. The fly bridge has a fuel flow meter (FlosScan 9000) that provides not only GPH but MPG as well if it receives data from NMEA0183. I recently upgraded from the A60 to the Element 9s which has NMEA2000 and not NMEA0183. Short of purchasing a gateway device to make this work can I simply run a cable from the A60 I still have on the lower helm to the flowmeter on the upper helm (about 12’ of run to get there) and if so is there a cable this long to do it. The only cable I have found is 1.5 meters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-20, 09:43 PM
RE: [TG11] COG data (NMEA 0183) for my FloScan
Hello HighCs,

If this was working with the A60 before then it should work again. NMEA0183 connections are usually bare-wire joins, there's no dedicated connector type, so we don't do cables in long lengths. You'd need to run your own cable to extend the A60's 1.5m supplied cable. Use something of a similar gauge, which ought to be shielded against noise.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply