Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] integration AIS and Raymarine autopilot ST6000 with AXIOM
05-18-20, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 09:44 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] integration AIS and Raymarine autopilot ST6000 with AXIOM
Hi, I have installed an Axiom 9.
1) I have a ST60 tridata and wind and the autopilot control unito connected by seatalk and then connected by the seatalk to seatalk ng adapter to the axiom. So receive now the wind and depth data in the Axiom.
However the autopilot option is not available.
How do I have to connect the autopilot to make the autopilot follow routes?

2) I have a AIS transceiver from weatherdock (Easy TRX2) with wifi.
Can I connect the Axiom to the Easy TRX2 via wifi to receive the AIS data? I can do that in phone and tablets but require of an app. Is there something similar for the Raymarine?

Assuming I cannot do it by wifi. The Easy TRX2 has NMEA 0183 output. Could i connect this device through a nmea converter to NMEA2000 and then to a backbone cable and to the seatalk converter where it is connected the axiom?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-20, 10:29 PM
RE: [TG11] integration AIS and Raymarine autopilot ST6000 with AXIOM
Hello flammpz,

Quote:How do I have to connect the autopilot to make the autopilot follow routes?

It should already do so. The Autopilot Control option will not be available for a pilot of this age (as in, switching the pilot's mode from the Axiom or doing calibration), but you should still be able to engage pilot Track mode. If you press Track and you get a 'No Data' alarm on the pilot, that's probably the lack of magnetic variation (the pilot needs to know how to convert True bearing-to-waypoint to a magnetic course-to-steer.) You can solve this by setting a manual magnetic variation in the pilot's setup.

Quote:Can I connect the Axiom to the Easy TRX2 via wifi to receive the AIS data? I can do that in phone and tablets but require of an app. Is there something similar for the Raymarine?

Our displays support either of the industry-standard interfaces for AIS data, NMEA0183 or NMEA2000 (not all displays support both - Axiom only supports NMEA2000/SeatalkNG.) There's no NMEA standard defined for AIS or other navigation data over wireless networks at this stage, and since we build our own AIS devices (which connect over either NMEA standard) we obviously haven't implemented apps to specifically support third-party devices over non-standard interfaces.
Does your AIS only have NMEA0183? If so, yes, you would need a 3rd-party AIS-capable NMEA0183-NMEA2000 convertor connected to the Axiom's STNG/NMEA2000 network. The Actisense NGW-1 would be one option.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply