Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Gasket for Raystar RS 125 GPS
05-21-20, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-20 10:48 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Gasket for Raystar RS 125 GPS
Hi,

I will be removing my GPS to replace the battery and am concerned the gasket is old and cracked. How do I get a replacement. A Google search doesn’t come up with any. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-20, 11:11 PM
RE: [TG11] Gasket for Raystar RS 125 GPS
Hello goblue55,

I don't think any Raymarine office would have that surface-mount gasket any longer. As far as I can see and remember it wasn't available as a spare, and the RS125 has been discontinued for a long time.

And this brings me onto my second point: this antenna was designed in 2004 and was phased out a decade ago. Personally I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of time replacing that battery, firstly because based on questions I've received over the years, people tend to see a drop in sensitivity after opening and re-sealing the case (possibly through disturbing the antenna's grounding), and secondly because even if the replacement goes perfectly, time and effort is being expended on an antenna that has 2004-vintage sensitivity and accuracy. A modern RS150 will give 10Hz data update rate, will typically acquire a fix in <60s or so after power-up and will usually give an accuracy in good conditions of <1m.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply