Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Connecting spx/st 60 network to a st290 ST2 network
05-31-20, 10:54 PM
RE: [TG11] Connecting spx/st 60 network to a st290 ST2 network
Hi JP,

That looks like a well-planned installation and nice drawing. Very good.

The only comments I'd make are that:
  • ST290 displays were designed to read Seatalk2 data, which is not quite the same as NMEA2000 (SeatalkNG is compliant and certified NMEA2000 with Raymarine connectors) because it was developed before NMEA2000 itself was mature. The ST290 displays may not read STNG/NMEA2000 quite correctly.
  • You need a DPU in the system to do full setup on ST290. I don't recall now exactly what you'd lose apart from transducer calibration (which would not apply in your system), but something to be aware of. Things like time/date setup, units selection and so on probably require the DPU.

Hopefully you can get back to the boat soon and free up the space in the front room before it becomes too much of a talking point at home. Good luck.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply